Thursday, March 9, 2017

Review: Renegade

Renegade Renegade by Laramie Briscoe
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Renegade is book one in the new Moonshine Task Force series and if Ryan's story is anything close to what's to yet to come, this could easily become my new favorite series.
I've read some great books this year but Renegade is at the top of that list, it's been awhile since I read one that grabbed me on every level, pulled me into it's pages and refused to let me go until the very end.
And this is a big one for me because older woman/younger man is almost always a turn off for me, it's one of the few subjects that I tend to avoid as it really just isn't for me. Ryan “Renegade” Kepler changed that for me!

Whitney's a 35yr old designer, recently out of a pretty rough marriage she's determined not to give her heart to another man.
Ryan is her baby brothers best friend, has been since childhood.
Her attraction to him is undeniable, even though he's ten years younger the steady, determined Whitney can't pass up one night in his arms.
Ryan on the other hand is seeing his teenage dreams come true. The one woman he always wanted but couldn't have. From the time he was 15 she's been in his head and a night with her isn't something he can deny himself, even if she's the sister of his best friend and daughter of the only real family he's ever known.

When the pregnancy test pops positive it's decision time.
Whitney has her plans and Ryan fully intends to change every one of them!

I adore these characters, there are flaws but they strive to make things work. This isn't instalove with a gentle nudge, this is struggling to make the right decision, working hard to keep things headed in the right direction and communicating. Yep, the characters actually communicate with each other concerning everything important. I know, it's kinda shocking huh?

I'm head over heels for this book and am dying to see what's next for the series.

View all my reviews

1 comment: