Friday, May 12, 2017

Review: Firestarter

Firestarter Firestarter by Jackie Y. Wang
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Initially Darryl drove me nuts, I hate that I disliked him for half of the novella but it is what it is, I truly wanted to throat punch him and his cocky, obnoxious, rude and downright crappy treatment of women.
Eventually I found that he was more talk than anything and he was putting on a brave face when it wasn't truly what he wanted.
What he wants is a friend of his, a friend who lives across the country and he has no chance of having a relationship with.
Carly comes to town for her sisters wedding and invites along her not so boyfriend in order to provide a buffer between herself and Darryl. He's everything she wants minus the playboy aspect so she needs the go between to make sure she doesn't do anything stupid.
Turns out that buffer is the stupid.

Short and sexy, friends to lovers. Bad boy to solid relationship oriented man, this novella has heat and shows the bond between friends and family all in a few pages.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment