Wednesday, April 27, 2016

Review: Grit

Grit Grit by J.M. Walker
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

MC + Military = one wild ride.

If you know me you know I'm addicted to both MC and military books as well as JM Walker's work.
I'm also picky. I don't want the read the same cookie cutter MC book from ten different authors.
Grit is not a cookie cutter story, it's not like anything I've read before.
Female MC. That grab your attention?
That's a first for me and likely for most of you. It's totally unexpected but worked so well.

Female MC meet a group of alpha SEALS.
That's also a new take at least for me and I loved every minute of it.

Jay is the president of King's Harlots MC and she's exactly what I love in a heroine, strong and independent but still feminine and in need of that one thing only the right man can give her.
She has her issues and a secret from the past that she keeps hidden from even her closest friends.
Angel. He's never had a real family, doesn't know what it's like to love someone. His closest relationships are with his SEAL brothers, the guys of Vice-One are alpha to the core, they take care of each other and would never turn their backs on each other.

When Angel and Jay meet sparks fly, their chemistry is so freaking hot.
Jay tries to ignore him but Angel will have no part of it. Putting himself in her path every chance he gets, giving her glimpses of just what he has to offer.
Finally she gives in but is the hottest sex either of them have ever experienced enough to get two loners to give the thing between them a chance?

As secrets come to light Jay is put at risk. If she can make it back to her club and Angel will things ever be the same?

I fell in love with this story early on, the story line will hook you in the first chapter or two and the writing will have you shushing everyone around you so you don't get interrupted.
Had I not literally fell asleep trying to finish it at 2 am I would have finished it in one sitting.
Let Jay & Angel's story suck you in and take you for one hot ride.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment