Thursday, December 22, 2016

Review: Empire

Empire Empire by Lili St. Germain
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

"People aren't born monsters. They're made that way."
Of that I'm no longer certain.

Holy ever loving hell.
Going in knowing this is the end, knowing I've read the Gypsy Brothers series so I know what I'm looking at still did not prepare me for just how black Dornan Ross' soul truly is.
As much as I despised him before a part of me understood that he was who he was due to his upbringing but now that doesn't even matter.
He is the most sadistic, horrifying man I've had the pleasure of reading about. The truth of everything Mariana went through, the relationship between Dornan and Juliet, I wanted to kill him myself.
Seeing Juliet's trust for her uncle prior to everything going down broke my heart, and Dornan's inner monologue when it came time to ruin her was truly atrocious.

And on top of all that John.

Getting to know him better, understanding the depth of his love for his daughter and Mariana.
Before I'd have said Jase was my favorite character but in the Cartel series John is the man.
These books were twisted in a way that you begged for the demise of some characters and the happily ever after of others. None of which you will get, what you will get is one hell of an emotional train wreck with so many things rolling around in your brain that make you want to cry, to scream and to curse Lili for writing something that sucks you in and no matter how dark, how depraved, refuses to let you go until the very end and even then leaves you begging for more.
That is the evil genius that is Lili St. Germain.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment