Tuesday, December 12, 2017

Review: Baker

Baker Baker by Scott Hildreth
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I'd been looking forward to this book for what seems like forever, the wait for Baker was so worth it (not that I ever thought it wouldn't be!!)
Baker is book one in the Devil's Disciples series and is a completely different kind of MC than I'm used to reading, than I'm used to from this author.
This MC isn't flashy, they aren't widely known for their lifestyle, pasts, criminal record or current criminal activity.
Nope, these guys are a small, close knit group of friends. They don't wear cuts, they don't fight with other clubs but they do take care of their own.
Baker shares similarities with other Hildreth heros; he's a good man, he's protective and he lives by a code.
He's also sexy as hell, honest and faithful.
Andy arrives in town with her life in pieces. Everything she ever worked for was torn away and she's starting over.
She's strong, independent and makes smart choices, just not when it comes to men.

There's a secret that ties Baker and Andy together, one she has no clue about and would probably wreck her world if she knew.

I loved Andy, she's strong and that's my favorite character trait in a heroine. Baker is so much more than I expected but as I type that I wonder just why I didn't expect it. Hildreth is known for his amazing, if slightly flawed characters who will turn you on and steal your heart.
Baker is that, he is now one of my favorites, he's in the top three of my favorite heros. Ever.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment