Monday, June 27, 2016

Review: I Saw You...

I Saw You... I Saw You... by Elena M. Reyes
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I'm a huge fan of the authors work
I'm also a sucker for a sexy rock star.
However this wasn't one of my favorites.
The writing was stellar as always and the story was great for the most part but there's one character who let me down so much.
We have this sexy as sin alpha rocker who's not the typical man whore (BIG points for that one!!)
who's gone as far as to have an agreement in place to protect him from gold digging sleazes along the way. Then he falls for someone, "the one", as in head of heels feels stuff he never thought he would but deep down always wanted.
Sweet yeah?
Well there's a massive problem, and it happens to be a close friend.

Sucks when the villain in the story is someone really close to you as Chester found out, but what drove me bat sh*t crazy was how he handled the situation.
I understand wanting to give your best friend the benefit of the doubt but honestly the man was blind as a bat, she could do no wrong no matter what it cost him.

And not just once.

That killed me, a man who's so smart was so stupid for so long.
Honestly love or not I don't think I could have put up with as many screwups as Arianna did. The man says he wants you, then screws it all up. Again and again and again.
For such a strong woman she certainly allowed Chester to basically walk all over her with his apologies and promises only to repeatedly mess up in the same exact way as before.
I get that she was falling for him, like soulmate falling, but how much can one person take?

I loved most of the characters, am thrilled with how it ended but getting there made me want to pull my hair out. More than once I wished for something tragic to happen to Ashley, since it was obvious she could get away with murder and Chester wouldn't see it. I just wanted her found out and that part of the story out in the open and settled long before it was, it seemed to be drawn out just a bit too long for my liking.




View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment