Thursday, March 22, 2018

Review: Stockholm

Stockholm Stockholm by Leigh Lennon
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

This ones a bit different for me, I've seen it described as dark but to me there it wasn't dark at all.
The author goes from past to present and back throughout the book, honestly it made my head spin. I wanted to see more of the actual realtionship build between Mikayla and Nolan but it was missing, with all the jumping back and forth it just seems to have gotten lost.
Stockholm had potential to be a pretty great story but I spent so much time trying to keep up with past/present, Mikayla/Collette and Nolan/David that it became a struggle to truly enjoy what I was reading.
I'd like to be able to say that I understood the main characters but truly there was a lack of development that left me questioning what I just read. I really just needed more of Mikayla & Nolan's relationship build up, an then the inlaws were tossed in just carelessly. The brother who made certain things possible was the least mentioned when his life was on the line if things went south.
Between the lack of connection to the characters and trying to stay on track with the back and forth I couldn't truly enjoy this book.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment