Monday, April 30, 2018

Review: Doppelbanger

Doppelbanger Doppelbanger by Heather M. Orgeron
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

This is my first book by the author so I didn't know that Boomarangers is a book I really would have loved to have read first. It is Spencer's book, she is the secondary character in this book but her kids play a huge part, so I definitely want to go back and read that book to see how she got here.
Doppelbanger was an intriguing title, the blurb as well but as I got into the book I slowly realized that the title had little to do with the book at all, Gina's affinity for a certain type of man was barely mentioned. That was soon overlooked thanks to the snark and humor. The kids, Savage alone would have made me read this book. This was not at all what I expected going off the blurb and title, I really expected some full on slutting around and got the exact opposite. Gina's history was hilarious though, the family knowing what a sock on the door means, being cheered on for sleeping around by your parents etc, it was just one laugh after another.
And Jeffrey. That man needed to wake up and thankfully Gina helped him do that.
All in all Doppelbanger was hilarious, there's plenty of sexy times as well but honestly the humor is the most memorable for me.
4 stars.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment