Thursday, November 29, 2018

Review: The Dirty Ones

The Dirty Ones The Dirty Ones by J.A. Huss
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Holy freaking hell, I did not expect that ending.
I went in with zero clue where this book was headed. We got to the past, seeing what they went through in college, what made them the Dirty Ones and I started to suspect each character. I looked for flaws, anything odd that gave me reason to suspect which of them was behind their problem. I mean it had to be one of them with all the details they new right?
As the story progressed I honestly had no idea who was responsible, each could have been based on their behavior but then someone else did or said something that made me suspect them and it started all over again. I picked each character apart again and again and couldn't quite get it.
That's what makes this book amazing, I read and read trying to figure it out before the author was ready for me to know and failed. The fact that I spent hours today trying to figure it out only to be thrown a killer twist makes me giddy, I can't remember the last time a book had me so engaged, so glued to it trying my hardest to figure out who the real culprit was only to come up completely empty every time.
I loved this book. Seriously adore it. From the characters with so many different personalities to the steamy sex, the questions I kept asking myself, the fact that I did not figure this book out until the moment the author wanted me to, everything was so freaking well written it's got to be my favorite book of the year.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment