Saturday, February 22, 2014

Review: Burden by Lila Feliz 4.5 *

BurdenBurden by Lila Felix
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

This was my first Lila Felix book but it won't be the last.
I didn't know this was her first trip into the paranormal genre, by reading it
you would never know, it's very well written.

Echo is a black bear, whos only know grizzlies all her life.
She was kidnapped by them as a cub and given the bare minimum to survive while
being used by the Alpha to do his bidding. Cleaning, cooking, healing, bascially
his slave.

Hawk, Alpha black bear and Alpha over all bear species, is told there is a
black bear believed to be a hostage of the grizzlies.

Once Hawk meets Echo he's found his mate, only she knows nothing of the ways of
black bears, or bears of any species because the grizzlies who kidnapped her do not
behave as the bears are supposed to towards each other, their females and how they
handle their affairs.

Hawk is a relatively new Alpha and is still learning his way, and now he has to
teach his mate the ways of her kind as well as take care of his clan.

There are lots of twists and turns in this story, I don't do spoilers, I hate to know
how a book will end before reading it so you won't find them in my reviews, this is
an amazing book, I loved it from start to finish, it draws you in and keeps you interested.
I read this book in one sitting, I couldn't tear myself away from it. It's definitely worth
a read! I am eagerly awaiting the second book.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment