Wednesday, June 6, 2018

Review: Get You Some

Get You Some Get You Some by Lani Lynn Vale
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

The Simple Man series focuses on the kids from previous series, this one is Johnny was a Dixie Warden's kid we all loved.
He grew up, joined the military, was injured and returned home not quite himself.
With overbearing parents and Dixie Warden's constantly looking over his shoulder he feels the need to escape. Enter Janie (yep that Janie!) she tells him to come to Hostel an start over.
He gets a job as a cop and is coping, then he runs into June.
June is a story all on her own, I loved her to death.
She didn't give him his way, she gave him lip and stood her ground with both him and the entire town who looked down on her due to her family.
There's chemistry but when Johnny falls for June she thinks she's not good enough for a man like him and pushes against it.
I'm not sure I've loved a book by the author more than this one. I'm pretty sure there's one but at the moment I can't recall any couple I've loved as much as Johnny & June. It was great seeing so many characters from other books included as well, it was like a Dixie Warden's reunion for me!
I couldn't put this book down, read it in one day and though I loved the end I wanted just a few more chapters!

Trust me ladies, you want to me Johnny.....

"Mr. Good Intentions was gone. In his place was Mr. Get You Some."

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment