Friday, February 21, 2014

His Wounded Light by Christine Brae

Review




 







Synopsis


The perfect life.

The perfect marriage.

The jilted lover.

Their worlds collide.
Fate intervenes twelve years later and their paths intersect once again. All three will question whether the heart is truly capable of dividing and being divided; each will decide whether it matters who you loved first or who you love last.

Together they will learn that in the end, there can always only be one.









My Review



In The Light in the Wound we were introduced to Issy, Jesse and Alex.
About halfway through the book I was disgusted with Jesse and loved Alex.
It was a very emotional book and yet now that I've finished His Wounded Light,
the first book had nothing on this one as far as the emotional roller coaster
these three characters will take you on.
The prologue to this book scared me. I wasn't ready to face any of what I was
reading
" As I struggle to accept my fate, these are the things I know:
I am a mother and a sister.
I am no longer a wife.
I am someone else's lover.
He took away my heart and the life we made together. I will never recover.
This time, these wounds will never heal."
Grrr the prologue set me in a bad frame of mind for the story, thankfully I continued reading anyway.
Part one is Alex's POV. We see how much he truly loves Isa, how much he always
loved her. We also see his jelousy over Jesse Cain,
as well as his love for his children. You get so much from Alex's POV I just
love the man, he's a strong, reliable force in Isa's life and what she always
needed. I loved hearing his side of their story, he's an amazing man, custom made for Isa.
Part two is Jesse's POV. While I did dislike him so much in book 1, he redeemed himself in this book, and is finally happy.
No, I don't have much to say about Jesse, I didn't like him and am glad he found his way and is no longer stalker material.
Part three is Isabel. We see the suffering she went through with Alex,
this part clarifies the prologue for us. I DID NOT want to read this book after
 the divorce, I hated Jesse even more at this point and no matter how much I
felt for Isabel and what she was going through, I did not want Jesse anywhere
near her. But in the end this one works out like it should. Alex, Isabel and
Jesse all find their happy ever after. Not to many details I hate to spoil this
for anyone, but this one is more emotional than the first book and it will make
you mad, rip your heart out and put you back together in the end.



















Goodreads

Buy on Amazon

Like on Facebook







No comments:

Post a Comment