Saturday, February 1, 2014

Reaper's Legacy

Joanna Wylde





Synopsis

Reaper's Legacy is a raw and intensely erotic tale in Joanna Wylde's Reaper's Motorcycle Club Series.

Eight years ago, Sophie gave her heart-and her virginity-to Zach Barrett on a night that couldn't have been less romantic or more embarrassing. Zach's step-brother, a steely-muscled, tattooed biker named Ruger, caught them in the act, getting a peep show of Sophie he's never forgotten.

She may have lost her dignity that fateful night, but Sophie also gained something precious-her son Noah. Unfortunately, Zach's a deadbeat dad, leaving Ruger to be Noah's only male role model. When he discovers Sophie and his nephew living in near poverty, Ruger takes matters into his own hands-with the help of the Reapers Motorcycle Club-to give them a better life.

Living with outlaw bikers wasn't Sophie's plan for her son, but Ruger isn't giving her a choice. He'll be there for Noah, whether she wants him or not. But Sophie does want him, has always wanted him. Now she'll learn that taking a biker to bed can get a girl dirty in every way.


My Review


You like Alpha males? The Ruger is the man for you!

He is the ultimate Alpha male, I swear 10 pages in I was willing to drop to the floor an do anything he asked.


This book has it all, hot Alpha male, steamy sex, violence, murder, kidnapping, a marriage and a little falling in love or realizing you've been hooked on someone for years, it has it all.


At 16 Sophie loses her virginity to Zach, Ruger's stepbrother, and ends up pregnant.

She goes into labor at a keg party Zach drug her to and Ruger comes to take her to the hospital, but she doesn't make it so he's there to help deliver Noah, while Zach is drunk an of no use.


Fast forward 7 years. Sophie's raising Noah alone, away from her home town having run away from Zach after putting him in jail. 

Sophie gets a call at work from her son, hes scared an hiding from his sitter. She rushes home to save him and ignores a call from Ruger. 


After settling her son and having a beer or three she falls asleep on the couch never having returned Ruger's call. When she wakes in the middle of the night to a man laying on her covering her mouth. Ruger.


Ruger and Sophie have some issues to work out concerning Noah. Ruger's been there for him when his father hasn't even though he and Sophie don't get along. Ruger tells her they are moving home with him, their not safe where they are. 


Sophie doesn't like the idea because she believes the MC is dangerous and does nothing but illegal business. But agrees to go for Noah's sake.


No spoilers I can't go into detail I despise spoilers, let's just say they share more of a past than we know about initially, we find out more as we go along.


“I think you're a raging asshole.

Ruger laughed. 

"Yeah, well I think you're a bitch, but my cock likes you, so we'll figure something out.” 

Yeah, they have issues!! But I'd kill for issues with a man like Ruger.

Sexual chemistry is off the charts but they won't give in thinking it will change how they see each other and in the end impact Noah. Sophie's more against it that Ruger, he's rearing to go but she won't do it.

“Well I don't care how other people live" I said. "If they want to let their men sleep around, that's their business. But I'll be damned if I'll put up with it. Not good enough for me, and no way I want Noah growing up thinking that's how you treat a woman. Ruger can take his offer, stick it on a fork, and shove it up his ass. Now I need to find a job and somewhere to live, because I'm sure as hell not living with him any longer.” 

Ruger's says he'll never settle down, he's not a one woman man, Sophie refuses to sleep with him based on his behavior. She wants him, wants to be his but not under his rules. 


“When a man takes a woman as his property, it’s not about owning her,” he continued, eyes searching my face. “It’s about trusting her. This is my life I’m handing you, Sophie. Not just my life—my brothers’ lives, too. It means I’m responsible for everything you do. You fuck up, I’ll pay. You need help, we’re there. You’re the only woman I’ve ever met that I’d consider giving that kind of power to. Hell, I’m not just considering it, I’m desperate for you to take it.”

Once Ruger wises up, realizes he can't live without her, doesn't need to sleep with other women you think things are settled but their not, there's still another twist before the end!

Don't get me wrong I LOVED Horse, but I'm completely in love with Ruger now, what a great second book, usually books tend to lose a little something if the first one was a killer read, but not so in this case, Ruger is even better and has more everything, I couldn't put it down until the last page.






No comments:

Post a Comment