Saturday, February 22, 2014

Review: Calling You Home by Kristal McKerrington

Calling You HomeCalling You Home by Kristal McKerrington
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Calling You Home is a quick read that draws you into the story quickly only to leave you wanting more.

I don't do spoilers, I hate them I want to read a story to find out what happens, so no spoilers here!!

Jason is a recent widow trying to raise his infant son, work his farm and help out his neighbors. One of which happens to be his high school sweetheart, Mary's family.

Jason has always loved Mary, he did what he thought was right 7 years ago sending her away, but she's always been in his heart. He's hiding a secret from Mary that may upset her.

7 years after leaving for college Mary is back. She's home but not alone.
Mary is full of anger still from the way things with Jason ended, but she has a secret, a huge secret that will rock Jason's world.

Honestly, I disliked Mary a bit do to her laying into Jason like she did and the behavior of the other person who came home with her, when her secret is soooo much bigger and more important than his. I'm impatiently tapping my fingers awaiting the second part of this story, I cannot wait to see where this leads.

The dialogue with Jason will pull at your heart strings, his secret is a good thing, at least to me, he put Mary first and left himself to suffer.

I like Jason so far and hope the second book brings us a happier ending with the secrets.

I can't say much more without giving away too much, but this is a great prequel to the next book and well worth the read!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment