Wednesday, January 24, 2018

Review: Peep Show

Peep Show Peep Show by Isabella Starling
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

This ones a 3.5 star for me.
The writing isn't an issue, the flow is great, I truly kept reading because I wanted to know they why of Miles behavior.
What I liked:
the broken hero, yes their both broken in their own way but it's usually the heroine we read about so I liked that he had serious issues.
Miles seeing a therapist. It was nice to see that he was trying to cope with his problems.
Arden's love and concern for Bebe.

What I disliked-
Miles treatment of women
The men he sent to Bebe's door, I mean that shit was completely unforgivable if you ask me.
Bebe's sluttiness. Her way of dealing with her friends death was to behave the exact same way?
The idea that she intentionally did the exact thing that got her best friend/lover killed just to get the attention of a man was appalling.
I honestly found zero redeeming qualities about Bebe until the very end, she is in my top five heroines that I strongly dislike.
I also take a bit of issue with the blurb - Miles is described as a womanizer, that's not true, the women who show up know that they are there as part of his job so that doesn't exactly scream womanizer.

So while I read the entire book I feel it could have been told in less pages had some of Bebe's escapades been shortened, they were all basically the same so the need to go into detail over and over made me want to skim (but I didn't), I give it an overall 3.5 stars. This was one of the books that to me I was glad to finish, I was happy for Miles in the end but the buildup to the end wasn't what I needed it to be to keep me engaged.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment