Thursday, February 15, 2018

Review: Mischief

Mischief Mischief by Nicole Dykes
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Wow, okay so Nicole Dykes work is new to me. Prior to this series I hadn't read anything she's written but holy crap I'm so going back and reading the Monroe family series so I know where the amazing secondary characters in this book came from.

Having read book one I can honestly say I went into Mischief hellbent on despising Natalie. I knew their had to be a reason she married the old man but I still started off with some series dislike of the woman.
Levi while being a manwhore has only ever truly wanted one woman. He's tried to forget her, to stay away from her, to not give into to the need to be with her.
He's failed miserably at every bit of it.
And when he tries to hate her for what she's done he doesn't do that very well either, at least not for long.

The last night Natalie spent with the boy she loved she didn't realize would come back to haunt her in a huge way.
Doing what at the time seemed to be the only way out of a horrible situation she did what she needed to to protect those she loved, that meant giving up the boy she loved.
For twenty years she hid her feelings, suffered in silence both her loss and the wrath of her husband. Was treated as nothing more than the mans whore, lied to and left alone most of their marriage. Natalie knows loss, she knows pain but what she doesn't know is he she'll ever truly live without Levi though she's tried.
No one would understand them as a couple....

I already loved Levi, there was zero doubt I was team Levi all the way from page one. What I truly didn't expect was to understand and eventually even care about Nat's feelings. I really wanted to hate her but the author just wouldn't let me.
The Adamson Family has quickly become a favorite series for me, I'm dying for the next few books, this is one of those series you want each book the second it comes out but once it's done you sort of wish you hadn't found them until the entire series was out so you could read them back to back from beginning to end of the series. Yeah it's like that, I love them, I want them immediately but then I want more asap!
Five stars doesn't do this book justice.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment