Tuesday, January 30, 2018

Review: Mistaken

Mistaken Mistaken by Nicole Dykes
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Love, hate, lust, betrayal, old wounds reopened, mistakes, misunderstandings and trusting the wrong person.
This book has all of that and more.
Chris is a tattoo artist who has basically been adopted by this amazing mismatch family the Monroes.
He's tormented, his ex wife did a real number on him and he's never been able to truly trust a woman since.
Amy is a physical therapist called by a past patient to help out someone important to him, it requires her returning to her past but she can't say no. Certain she won't cross paths with her ex , she takes the job and heads to Kansas City. Her first day on the job brings her face to face with a past she never could get over yet never wanted to face.

Mistaken is a well paced story that flips back and forth between Amy & Chris' past to 15 years later, their love is epic but ended abruptly. It's a torturous tale, I spent most of the book wondering when the other shoe would drop, when the missing pieces of the puzzle would drop into place.
I loved every all but one character. The entire Monroe family were amazing, blood or not. Then there was Rose. I didn't like her attitude early on, but her role in this book made me want to strangle her. I won't elaborate just know I despise her.

Mistaken is my first book by the author, I went in with zero knowledge of the Monroe family but I can tell you I now have to go back and read them all, this family is amazing and I need to know all their stories from the beginning.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment