Monday, December 29, 2014

Shattered Dreams by Brenda Kennedy Book Tour





  
TITLE : Shattered Dreams
AUTHOR : Brenda Kennedy
GENRE : Soft Romance
RELEASE DATE : December 15, 2014


http://bit.ly/1F8mti0





Emma Greyson, Age 22, Has a loving husband, Max, and a newborn son, James. She is finally living her dream, until fate steps in and shatters everything.

Trying to deal with the death of her husband and learning how to be a single mom, Emma decides to move from Fort Drum, New York, back to her hometown of Sarasota, Florida.

Four years later, Emma has a fresh start with a new job and new friends. She meets an attractive doctor, Alec Collins. Taking things slowly, she is happy with the way things are going until fate steps in again and reveals the ugly truth of Alec's past.










 4.999 stars. Why not 5? I'll tell you why. 
The very last page. 
The last paragraph. 
The stunning cliff hanger that left me with my mouth hanging open yelling at my kindle, trying repeatedly to turn the page and find another chapter but sadly it wasn't there and now I'm on the edge of my seat waiting for the next part of this story.

I am head over heels in love with this book and cannot wait for more.
Shattered Dreams is an amazing story of love and so much more, but the love between Max and Emma is so pure, so honest and perfect. And with the addition of their son it got even better. 
The way their story was written draws the reader in, the explanation of Max's feeling of being a family, how everything in his world is complete, right, was amazingly well written, I don't think it could have been any better.
The author wrote the story of these two people so clearly that I felt like I felt the story, not just read it or felt like I was watching a movie, I felt the emotion pouring out of the pages. I cried numerous times, and not just a sneaky tear that got away, full on ugly crying at times and the occasional happy tear!

Emma and Max have what I consider the love of a lifetime. Their love for each other, for their son and the rest of their family is truly beautiful. These two people couldn't be more in love with each other and it shows in every page. 

Then tragedy strikes and Emma is heartbroken. 
With the help of her friends and family she's able to breakdown completely and then begin the healing process. She has their son to take care of and Emma's character does a great job raising him with both sets of grandparents nearby to be constant figures in his life he's gown into a well adjusted 4yr old. I loved how she kept Max as a part of his life (no spoilers, just know that some of the ways his dad is still in his life will make you ball your eyes out)

Enter Alec.
Single father to his 6yr old daughter. I loved him immediately, the love he has for his daughter shows and it seems he couldn't be more perfect.
I love the progression of Emma and Alec's relationship. From his simply being James' instructor, to friends, to dating with the kids being friends along the way. 
I adored how both parents put their children first, how the kids were included in the parents friendship and were never for a second an afterthought for either of them.

Now to the end. I didn't see the cliffhanger coming and I'm still shocked at what went down. I have so many theories as to what happened and where this is going but none of them seem quite right. I'll be patiently tapping my foot awaiting book two!!








BRENDA KENNEDY
AMAZON BEST SELLING AUTHOR




First and foremost I am a wife, mother and grandmother.

I am also a nurse and a new author.  

I moved to sunny Florida in 2006 and never looked back. I love fresh squeezed lemonade, crushed ice, teacups, wineglasses, non-franchise restaurants, ice cream cones, boating, picnics, cookouts, throwing parties, lace, white wine, mojitos, strawberry margaritas, white linen tablecloths, fresh flowers and Pinterest. I also love to read and write and to spend time with my family. My books thus far, have been inspired by the things I love and the people who influence me, every single day to be a better person.









No comments:

Post a Comment