Thursday, January 14, 2016

Waiting for Mark ~ The Sunset Club book 3 by A.C. Katt ~ Excerpt

WaitingForMark_432

Here is the Second Excerpt from Waiting for Mark, the third in the Sunset Club Series which is available at MLR athttp://www.mlrbooks.com/ShowBook.php?book=ACKWMARK 

Someone rang the bell and Bobby went to answer it. “It’s Carlo.”

Carlo and Bobby came back to the kitchen. “Ah, excellent, coffee…”
Carlo took a legal pad out of his briefcase and handed one to Jack. “You ask your questions, then I’ve got a few of my own.”

“Do they have to answer questions now when they are so upset?” Keith snapped at Jack and Carlo. “I was about to call Greg and ask him to order a tranquilizer for Mark as soon as the pharmacy opens.”
“Better they do it while it’s fresh in their mind. We’re talking about a double homicide here,” Jack reminded Keith. He sounded more pissed off than the just the Billy situation warranted. Jack was usually a cool customer.
“Okay, but keep it short. Remember, Mark is already emotionally unstable because of Billy and has recently been released from the hospital himself.”
“Why does Billy want you?” Jack asked. “Why is he going to so much trouble when he could have just left when we were about to arrest him?”
“What’s he supposed to do, read Billy’s mind? Come on Jack…” Reggie protested.
“It’s okay, I’ll answer. Seven years ago I left a bad situation at home when Billy asked me to live with him. He was nice to me and had money. I’d never seen kind or money, so I left home as soon as I turned eighteen with the provision that Billy would take care of my mother.”
“What happened after that?” Jack asked.
“Billy began to abuse me.”
“Jack, damn it, you know all of this.” Reggie was getting angry.
Mark took a close look at Reggie. “Go lay down. You look like shit. I have Bobby and Keith here to defend me if necessary. I’ll stay if you go lay down.”
“I’ll hold you to that, baby. If you go, I’ll hunt you down.”

No comments:

Post a Comment