Wednesday, April 19, 2017

Review: Damnable Grace

Damnable Grace Damnable Grace by Tillie Cole
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Holy ever loving hell, what did I get myself into walking into a series 5 books in?
I did not read the previous books in this series and boy do I wish I had.
There's definitely plenty I missed an will need to go back and start from the beginning to fully enjoy the Hades Hangmen.

Damnable Grace, first of all just look at that cover.
It's freaking amazing, it's one of those covers that makes you want to know more about a book.
No spoilers in this review so short, sweet and to the point.
Sister Phebe is given to the devil himself to serve his needs.
AK is going to save her.
This is their story.
It's dark, it's twisted, it's downright horrific.
You'll read about things that you may picture in your mind and wish you never had.
There is so much going on in this book, it's constant go go go, no real down time. It will keep you up late turning the pages hoping to get to the resolution.
Your heart will race, you'll be screaming at the characters, yelling at the author (in your head or out loud, I may have done both) you will suffer right along with the characters.
You will ride an emotional roller coaster, you may find you can hate fictional characters more than you thought possible.
You'll live through some entirely evil shit and pray that the characters make it through and when you turn that very last page you'll take a minute to catch your breath.
It took me a day or so to fully come to grips with what I'd read, I didn't want to rush to write a review and not do it justice, I'm sure this doesn't either.
After reading this book I want to devour the entire series, I generally don't go in without reading the beginning but I did and now I know I can't live without the other books.
5 stars is truly not enough!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment