Tuesday, November 21, 2017

Review: Go to Hail

Go to Hail Go to Hail by Lani Lynn Vale
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

This one was a bit different for me. Travis took some getting used to, at times I truly despised his behavior. Allowing his ex to control every aspect of his life for so long just didn't sit right with me, not for such a strong man.
I get his reasons but he also had another child, one that didn't have his father like he should have because of his ex. He allowed her to take precious time away from him with his daughter for years but to allow it with his son as well, I just couldn't like him from the get go.
Eventually I warmed to him, but I swear I'm not sure I could have been Hannah for anything in the world.
That brings us to Hannah. She's strong but I wish she had put her foot down sooner with Travis. She needed more than she was getting, living in the same home but separate from the man you love not to mention the ex from hell costing you everything.

I loved their love, their need for each other but I hated what it took for him to finally realize he had to make his own choices and not let someone else make them for him.

This is the first time I had to go so far into a Lani Lynn Vale book before I warmed to the main character. He certainly took me on an emotional journey and finally made me love him but it was one heck of a bumpy road getting there!

Book 2 in the Hail Raisers series is another I'll read again and again, there's something about these characters that even if I despise them I have to keep reading!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment