Wednesday, September 26, 2018

Review: Gym Junkie

Gym Junkie Gym Junkie by T.L. Swan
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I wanted to love it, I really did but the characters just didn't work for me.
I'll admit I laughed at times, I even sort of liked some secondary characters but overall it just wasn't for me.

I'm all for an alpha but this guy crossed that line and went beyond asshole. Both characters were childish and honestly other than the sex I saw zero that made me believe they could actually have a relationship.
Being ex military I expected more from Brock than we got, he was more of a I can do what I want when I want or I'll have a tantrum kinda guy. If things went his way great, if not he'd turn into a toddler.
Tully, I honestly could not really connect with her. She's in love with Simon but wants a 12 month break to travel/explore etc. but she's going to freak out when she realizes 8-9 months later that Simon is sleeping with someone??
*Gasp*
HUGE shock there chick, did you think a 12 month break meant he was going to sit home while you did whatever you wanted?
And the initial sex scene in the gym bathroom, alpha asshole does something that should never have been done the way it was and she's all oh it's okay. I won't spoil it but I just couldn't believe little miss innocent was all it's okay.... it just didn't fit for me.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment