Tuesday, February 16, 2016

Wild Aces by Marni Mann ~ Release Day Blitz


Wild Aces 
Synopsis

Trapper Montgomery 
His darkness drew me in. 
A mystery with a past I wanted to solve. 
He was cold, like ice, but set me on fire. 
A heat I hadn't felt in ages. 
But when I saw his face, I burned... 
In mourning
Again.

Brea Bradley 

She melted from my voice--shuddered from my touch. 
But trembled from the memories 
That my face brought back. 
She wanted more... 
Maybe even him. 
I wasn't the hand she counted on. 
But I was what she was dealt...

A Wild Ace with no way to win.



 Purchase Links
B&N: Coming soon

Review
5 stars 
                        I was already a Marni Mann addict before this story ( if you don't know the name Derek Block you damn well should!!) 
Wild Aces is Brea an Trapper's story, we met Brea as Frankie's best friend in Unblocked, I liked her then but love her now. She's smart,strong, feisty and exactly the kind of heroines I love reading about.
Trapper is a dirty, sexy, foul mouthed poker player. But there's much more to him, he grew up horribly, kicked out of his home and into the foster care system his life went from bad to worse. He's a teen on the street when one person changes his life, takes him under his wing, upon seeing his skill for numbers he learns to play poker, eventually becoming a pro he has the financial ability to do something to make things better for kids like him. Nope, not telling you what it is, but it's huge an pretty amazing. 

Brea & Trapper meet at Derek & Frankie's masquerade party, unable to see each other but there's an immediate chemistry between them, once their true identities and lifestyles are unmasked can that chemistry build something deeper or will it all come tumbling down once secrets are unearthed?

Love these two, their struggles and all. And getting a peek at Derek and his flannel again was a highlight for me. 5 stars



Marni’s Social Media Links

No comments:

Post a Comment