Tuesday, February 6, 2018

Review: I Can Explain

I Can Explain I Can Explain by Missy Johnson
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Did I enjoy this book?
Yes.
Was it can't live without it amazing?
Nope.
So I may be in the minority here but this one was just okay for me.
Some parts of the book moved quickly while others seemed to drag on.

The Hero:
I wasn't a huge fan of Chase's. His not being honest, I get that it was a crappy situation but knowing you have feelings for someone and your ready to try means you open up the ol closet an get those skeletons out before it's too late an someone gets hurt. Chase though he likes to procrastinate when it comes to honesty. I truly thought he was more prick than decent guy for a good bit of the book, his behavior just didn't scream love me.

The Heroine:
Alana, I sort of liked her but again I didn't love her. She's worked a job for 2 years being highly undervalued (she has a degree that would give her a better job ANYWHERE else) hoping that one day the big bad boss will notice that she's capable of more than fetching coffee.
Well Alana, how exactly do you expect that to happen while you get his coffee and keep your trap shut?
Suddenly after two years she's this completely different woman who opens her mouth to her boss, is snarky with the man who holds her livlihood in his hands. She's demanding and bargaining with the man who until this point she had next to no contact with.
She had potential but I just couldn't connect with her or really like her all that much.

Overall I enjoyed it but not enough. It's just not my cup of tea.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment