Friday, March 24, 2017

Review: RIGID

RIGID RIGID by Scott Hildreth
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

How in the hell do these books keep getting better?
Not just these books but this entire series is kind of outdoing most of the previous ones (almost)
The characters, their stories, their struggles and that oh so loved possessive, protective alpha badass just keeps getting better with each new Hildreth book I open.

Smokey is so different from other characters, being a single father who refuses to bring a woman into his daughters life made me smile. His reasons may have been a teeny bit biased but he was being a good dad and it certainly didn't hurt his girl one little bit.
I loved how he handled situations, none of that flipping out and biting Sandy's head off. He took everything in stride, recognized what needed to be done and did it. He thinks before he acts, which I assume his raising a child on his own has made him that way, different than most of his brothers.
An Sandy, she's pretty awesome. She's almost a minor character to me as she's easy going, easy to understand, you know how she's going to react/handle things. Not that she's not a great chick or important part of this book, she's just uncomplicated where Smokey has something about him that makes you want to pay closer attention to him and his behavior.

Nick & Peyton were awesome, PeeBee & Tegan were effing amazing, Cholo & Lex easily meant to be from the word go. Smokey & Sandy, their story was so far from the rest it almost tops every Scott Hildreth book I've read.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment