Saturday, July 9, 2016

Review: Hard

Hard Hard by Scott Hildreth
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

When's the last time a Scott Hildreth book made me cry?
Never until now.
We all knew Hard was going to be just that, and once again the author didn't disappoint.
Peyton is probably one of my favorite female characters ever. She's strong, opinionated and a little nuts, I'm pretty sure she an I could be best friends were she real.
She's a reporter, given the job of writing a story on the Filthy F*ckers president Nicholas Nevarro.
This assignment is going to be the best and worst thing that ever happened to her.
While this book is about the MC and we do get acquainted with a few members, the MC side is sort of woven into Payton's story.
Her story gets pretty dark, and yes there are triggers so please read the warnings prior to reading this book.
I personally can say that it did not trigger me, it was handled shall we say with kid gloves, was well written and not graphic. I found myself seeing similarities in her way of dealing with it but it didn't bother me or make me break down. I didn't even put the book down and come back to it, I read right on through without any issue. Thank you Scott for the way you handled this aspect of the story, you made it so I didn't have to miss out on a great book just because it may bring up things I don't want to relive.

Nick and Payton are great characters, her mouth is probably one of my favorite parts of the book, she just can't stop the snarky replies and it makes for a fun read.
And Peebee, I think I might have fell in love with him, more like tripped an face planted. What he did for Payton is beyond anything I'd expected and made me respect and adore him and I hope he has a book coming soon. I love it when a secondary character can steal my heart!

Hard is another hit for Hildreth. From the cover to the dedication to the very last page, which is amazing by the way, Hard pulled me into Payton's world an then into Nick's and kept me glued and losing sleep because I just could not put it down.






View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment