Monday, August 29, 2016

Review: Seal of Solomon

Seal of Solomon Seal of Solomon by Golden Czermak
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I honestly have no clue where to start with this review.
I've thought it over for two days and am still trying to figure out how to put what this book made me feel into words.
First off, if you follow me you know I'm not a huge paranormal fan. I'm very picky about my paranormal books and demons from hell generally aren't my thing.
I'll admit I purchased and read Homeward Bound mostly out of curiosity, I wanted to see how the transition from photographer to author would go.
I went into the book knowing there was a good chance I wouldn't like it, an even greater chance that I wouldn't love it, that I would never get into the story at all.

I was wrong.

There I said it (don't tell my husband) I was so wrong. Homeward Bound took a bit to get me wrapped up in the story but once it did I sat and read non stop.

Which brings us to the reason your here, Seal of Solomon.
You know how you fall in love with the first book in a series and move on to the next only to find it doesn't live up to your expectations?
That the first book was so good you just knew the second would rock your world only to be let down?
Not the case here, somehow Seal of Solomon kicked Homeward Bound's ass.

Okay, so maybe there's an itsy bitsy, minuscule part that thinks maybe it's because this series opened my eyes to a genre I tend to ignore and that it took me longer to get into book one than book two but I ignore that tiny voice that needs to disappear. I jumped into book two a day after finishing book one and I was so excited about it, sucked right back into the story and read this book in two days but mostly non stop. The writing engaged me and refused to let me put the book down until I absolutely could not keep my eyes open, when I finally reached the point that I start to think I'm too tired to remember what I'm reading I forced myself to bookmark and power off my kindle.

The story picks up right where book one ended, and let me tell you I was not happy with that ending, but the author quickly redeems himself giving us what I know we all wanted when we were trying to decide if we wanted to cry or yell at him throughout the last chapter of Homeward Bound.
Seal of Solomon really gets to the main course of the meal, here we begin to understand just what the Journeymen are up against, we still have no clue what it will take to bring down the evil that threatens their world but there's a better understanding of just where this series is going and the hell, quite literally, that our hero will face down in order to fulfill his destiny.

I'm so glad I gave this series a chance, it's quite honestly not what I would call my cup of tea prior to reading these books but The Journeyman have changed my mind.
I was immediately drawn into this book. After the ending of the first one there was no way not to be excited going in, the writing sucked me right back in and I sat for hours non stop reading, I didn't want to put it down to face the real world but was forced to, so I read this one in two sittings.
The characters have burrowed their way in and won't get out of my head, I'm spoiled having read two back to back, I'd give just about anything to have book three in my hands right now.

Thank you for changing my opinion on the demonic variety of paranormal, I'd have missed out on a great series had it not been for Homeward Bound and my curiosity.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment