Monday, December 12, 2016

Tormented by Max Henry

Title: Tormented
Series: Fallen Aces MC #3
Author: Max Henry
Genre:  MC Romance
Release Date: December 12, 2016


She’s perfect.

And broken, like you …  Unaware of how beautiful she is.
And how much worse her life could be …  She’s cast out for being different, misunderstood, or simply too complicated to bother with.
Just. Like. You …  She’s still perfect.
Because after all, you can’t break what’s already broken, and you can’t hurt what already suffers.
Or can you …?








“He sent you, then? Interesting.” The low resonance of his words ends on a lion’s purr.

I tip my head back to look into his bruised face—evidence he’s still working, still collecting for the reaper—as he blocks out the sun with his size. He’s over six-foot of bulk, which means my five-foot three petite stature fits snugly into his shadow. 

And as much as I’ve tried to tell myself my memory is a goddamn liar, it still comforts me.

“Apparently I fly below the radar.”

His eyes roam lazily over me, settling on the full sleeve I had tattooed a few weeks back. My breath hitches, betraying the fucking confidence I was trying for, as he reaches out and hooks a thick finger in the leg of my cut-offs. Breathe through it. Breathe. You’ve got through it without giving in before, you can do it again.

“Still getting’ around with your ass hangin’ out, Abbey-girl?”

“Did you think I only did it for you?” I mock.

“How long has it been, anyway?”

I chuckle, shifting my gaze back to his disturbingly beautiful face. He expects me to know how many weeks he’s been in Cali and blurt it out, giving away the fact I’m still painfully aware of him. Yeah, I know how long it’s been, but I ain’t playing that game … yet.

“No idea,” I answer, dealing the nonchalant card as I shrug my shoulders. “Time flies when you’re having fun.”

His eyes darken as he reaches out and places both his meaty paws on my ass cheeks. I force a smile as his fingers skim the hem of my cut-offs where it slices a line over the firm globes. I close my eyes briefly as memories of how good it felt last time his hands were on me come in thick and fast. His touch trails up my back, dipping in at my waist, and pushing the hem of my tank up, exposing my flat stomach as he brings his palms to rest below the swell of my breasts. 

Just a few more minutes and he’ll be done. You can do it.

My fight or flight is going haywire. I need to get away, to place distance between us, but at the same time I’m disgusted on the most part by how easy it seems to keep my feet in place. Anyone else, and they’d be cradling a broken wrist for this, my go-to defense when unwanted hands get too close. But this isn’t just anyone—it’s Sawyer, and it seems that my body still doesn’t know how to lie.

I want it.

But I shouldn’t.

He still wants me.

And I should hate that.

But I’m waiting to see what he does next.

Too much at once, Abbey.

“Still tellin’ the truth, I see,” he teases, swiping his thumbs over my pert nipples before he lets go and steps back.

The sun lances across my face, forcing me to look down to save my eyes watering up. “You want to know why he sent me yet?” I draw a deep, equalizing breath.

“Because you begged him to come?” God, he’s always been such an arrogant bastard.

“Hardly.”

He juts his chin forward, and his tongue peeks out, running along the ridge of his teeth. “What then?”

“War is on, Pretty Boy.” I smile. “It’s time to take daddy down.”




Holy flipping hell.
I knew Sawyer was messed up, I knew this was going to be one hell of a ride but this was so much more than I expected.
I wondered as I read how it would end, would he end up dead because there's no way he's going to be magically fixed.
The devil inside won't be silenced, he takes the reader on a slippery slope, sliding down into the dark and dirty depths of his mind, a place with no remorse.
As much as you may want to dislike Sawyer you won't be able to. By the time you see what's deep inside him your already so invested you can't fault him, you can't turn your back no matter what he reveals.
Abbey was messed up from childhood and no matter how much she wants Sawyer everyone thinks he's the worst possible person for her. They treat her like a second class citizen basically, thinking she's beyond messed up and will never be normal.
But what if that person who's just as messed up if not more is just what the other needs?

Sawyer want's to help Abbey, but he also wants her. He has some deeper needs that are brought out by her, ones that only she can fulfill. While we see the darkest of him we also see the a part of Sawyer he didn't realize existed.
Their story is not fairy tale, if it is it's a dark, depraved, twisted tale.

And the end, that very last page broke me, I was right there with Sawyer ready to ball.
Way to wrap up one hell of a journey!!




 



Max is the author of dark, and highly emotional romance. Her Butcher Boys series is centered around a group of ex-street kids who have teamed up with an indebted motorcycle club to take down a notorious drug lord. And her new series, the Fallen Aces MC, is a spin-off from this dark and dangerous world. Her writing has been described as 'gripping', and 'addictive', taking you on an 'emotional roller coaster ride'.

Originally born and bred in New Zealand, Max now resides with her family in beautiful and sunny Queensland, Australia. Life with two young children can be hectic at times, and although she may not write as often as she would like, Max wouldn't change a thing. When she's not engrossed in her dark and twisted fictional worlds, she can be found enjoying the outdoors while 4wd-ing with her family.







HOSTED BY:

No comments:

Post a Comment