Wednesday, April 20, 2016

Review: SEAL for Her Protection

SEAL for Her Protection SEAL for Her Protection by Paige Tyler
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

SEAL for Her Protection is book one in a new series, SEALs of Coronado.
Paige Tyler is also a new to me author, I have no clue how I've missed her previous books but it looks like I have a ton of back list reading to get to!!

Hayley Garner is an investigative journalist currently in Africa.
She and the other journalist's are under their military's protection which means they only get to see what the country wants them to see.
She decides to take an unapproved trip out to get her own story and ends up kidnapped by a group of terrorists.
After days in a dark cell she's petrified of what's to come.
Upon hearing gunfire and fighting she thinks the worst until her name is spoken and the man tells her he's a SEAL there to take her home.
Escaping under gunfire then put in a chopper, the only thing she knows about the man who saved her is his job and his eyes. The most beautiful blue eyes she'd ever seen.

Weeks later Hayley is home and back at work when she volunteers to cover an assignment no one else wants , campus construction for SEALs, she hopes to catch a glimpse of the man who saved her life.

Chasen Ward is attending the same event, usually he would skip them but not this time.
Running into the woman he carried to safety a few weeks ago is the last person he expected to see, especially when she recognizes him solely by his eyes.
Feeling a connection, he asks her to dinner.

His job is tough on relationships, that's why he doesn't have them but there's something about Hayley that won't let him treat her like a fling. He wants more with her but his job is unpredictable, is it something she can handle?

Hayley want's Chasen, she want's the relationship and is certain she can handle it. Her job takes her away unexpectedly as well so why not?
The problem is she can't shake the feeling of being watched. It's been bugging her since she returned from being kidnapped. PTSD is the general diagnosis but is that all it is or is there a real threat to her?

So my first Paige Tyler book, I loved it.
Suspense, romance, strong characters and a nice dose of heat.
From the beginning the writing sucks you in and I found myself so wrapped up in the story that I looked up and it had been close to two hours and I hadn't moved from the spot on the couch until I finished the book.
I look forward to this series, all the guys are likeable and great secondary characters and I'm sure their stories will be just as amazing.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment