Wednesday, April 27, 2016

Review: Viktor

Viktor Viktor by Clarissa Wild
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

4.5 stars

A dark take on the classic Beauty and the Beast.
Viktor is scarred.
Damaged.
Both physically and emotionally.
He hides from the world but still craves human interaction.
Alexis is a prostitute. Not necessarily by choice but as a last option to support herself and her sister.
She's given a client who doesn't want to touch her, just watch her strip and dance for him while he remains hidden.
There are rules.
One of those rules is not to look at the client but it's the one Alexis can't follow.
He's beautiful in his shadow, she finds herself attracted to the mystery man, but this is just another client, she'll be paid and on her way shortly.
As she leaves he grabs her, asks her name.
While it scares her it also intrigues her, the feeling of his hand on her neck.

Viktor never touches the entertainment let alone speaks to them, there's something about this woman that he can't deny. Maybe he'll call her back for a second show.

Alexis' sister puts them in a no win situation the leaves Alexis offering herself for her sisters freedom and that begins the story of Viktor and Alexis. There are hidden secrets and darker truths to be discovered while these two try to learn to survive together.

I adore Clarissa Wild's dark reads and Viktor is no exception. Being based on a fairy tale wasn't something that interested me but knowing who was writing it I knew it was one I'd have to give a chance and I'm glad I did.
Viktor will steal your heart, Alexis grew on me, I wasn't a huge fan of her at first but it didn't take long to bring me over to her side.
4.5 stars


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment