Friday, January 13, 2017

Review: Trick

Trick Trick by Laramie Briscoe
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Trick is the story of a man with a past trying to make a life for himself and a woman trying to start over and make a life for herself and her daughter whose father abandoned her.
I loved Hadley from the start because she was strong. Not a whiny heroine, she put on her big girl panties and did what needed to be done to take care of her daughter and herself.
Trick, was loveable as he quickly and seamlessly fit into their lives and hearts.
The entire tale is a bit sugary sweet and everything flowed seamlessly. I would have preferred a bit of a stumble or two along the way, something they truly had to work to overcome.
Trick easily moved from parole to a free man, Hadley easily gave up doing everything for herself and they fell into their own little world without issue. That's truly a sweet story and the characters were great I just like a little something more, I felt like without out that they were missing something.
4 solid stars overall. I love the author, love her writing, this one just lacked that one little element that makes me love a book.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment