Thursday, April 7, 2016

Review: Secret Father: A Sweet Romance

Secret Father: A Sweet Romance Secret Father: A Sweet Romance by Suz deMello
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Secret Father is my first book by Suz deMello and I feel like I've had my head buried in the sand, how did I miss this author before?
At 14 years old Linda was saved by 17 year old Dave.
That's the day she fell for him.
Their paths cross again in college at an end of year party and lose their virginity to each other. Then Dave is off to pursue his dream, spending the next six years in the Amazon.

Meanwhile Linda is left to face the reality of their actions.
She's pregnant and alone. Dave's living his life and she's now forced to readjust everything.
She struggled to finish school and raise their son Mac, but she made it. Yes she had to fight hard for what she wanted but Mac never took second place, Linda's an attentive mom who loves her son more than anything.

After six years away Dave is in need of a physical therapist and it just happens that he shows up at Linda's door.
She's shocked and confused by her feelings, even after all that time it brings every feeling she ever had front and center.
Dave, who is clueless to her struggles, is curious about her life, why she didn't leave him any contact information all those years ago after what he thought was an amazing night for both of them.

As the truth comes out Linda has to deal with a new reality, one where she is no longer the center of her sons world. He has his father now, and Dave loves Mac, they bond quickly and are great together. Now if only she could come to term with her feelings; feeling like she's not number one in Mac's world anymore is a tough one for any parent but on top of that are the feelings for Dave.

I loved this book early on, it hooked me quickly and wouldn't let go. I read it in one day, practically one sitting. I've been missing out on a great author and need to explore more from her.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment