Thursday, January 31, 2019

Surrender by S.E. Cooper


Title: Surrender
Series: The Hunter Series Book 3
Author: S.E. Cooper
Genre: Romance
Release Date: January 31, 2019



“You think I’m too hot to handle, don’t you, Freckles?”
“Maybe a little.”
“A little my ass,” he grinned, “Baby, you can’t breathe when I’m near you.”
Never in her wildest dreams did Sloane Bailey think Kerr Hunter would look her way. Now he’s offering himself to her in the only way he knows. It’s a hell of an offer for the reticent redhead who fell in love at first sight. She knows from the very beginning she’s in over her head, but she has neither the strength nor the inclination to deny him.
Kerr thinks his infatuation with Sloane is under control. He’s about to discover, when it comes to affairs of the heart, resisting the inevitable is a futile endeavor. However, he still has no intention of surrendering his tortured soul. When his painful past and perilous present collide, Kerr finds himself fighting for more than just his heart. Lives are at stake. He failed once before. He has no intention of letting it happen again. However, with his mind clouded by revenge and fear overshadowing his judgment, can Kerr unravel the tangled network of corruption before it’s too late?








“I should never have come here, not like this,” he admitted. “It was wrong of me.”
My eyes glistened with tears. “You think what we just did was wrong?”
He looked mortified. “Hell, no.”
“Then what do you mean?”
He stopped cleaning me and settled himself back on the edge of the tub.
“I wasn’t in a good place. I’d been drinking. What happened between us shouldn’t have happened. Not under those circumstances.”
“Is that…how you always like sex?” I asked, something that had been on my mind ever since he tied my hands.
Kerr grinned. “Sometimes I like to play.”
“Oh.”
“Sex is different every time,” he said gently. “Sometimes, it’s hard. Sometimes, it’s soft”
“Like Tahoe,” I murmured.
Kerr smiled. “Yes, like Tahoe. And sometimes I like to play.”
“So we were just playing?”
“Yes,” he replied, swirling his finger in the water close to my thigh. “It’s not something I expected to do with you this quickly, but I tend to lose control whenever I’m around you. It’s a bad habit of mine.”
I smiled.
I liked the idea I could make him lose control.
“You liked it.”
“Is that a bad thing?”
Kerr shook his head. “Never, you say the word and we can play anytime you want.”
“What word should I use?” I asked, sitting up a little in the water.
Kerr started to laugh, proper belly rumbling laughter. Then he leaned forward and planted a quick hard kiss on my forehead.
“Why are you laughing?” I scrunched up my nose. “What’s so funny?”
As entertaining as his laughter was, I refused to join in when it was at my expense.
“You are fucking amazing; do you know that?”
“I don’t understand why you’re laughing.”
“Freckles, most people choose a word for when they want to stop. You want to choose one for starting.”
“Oh.”
“Well, choose one then.”
“No.” I covered my eyes in horror.
“Sloane.” His tone changed back to commanding. “Choose a word for when you want to play, and I’ll make it happen.”
“You’re serious?”
“Deadly.”
I sighed, knowing there was no way I was getting out of this. “Okay then…Scarlett.”
Kerr nodded his approval. “The color of your hair.”
“No.” I flicked some bubbles at him. “The color of my ass when you spanked it.”
Kerr chuckled, “Scarlett it is.”
















S E Cooper lives in Scotland with her husband, their two boys, two crazy cats and a bonkers bunny. She has always loved to read and write stories, but it wasn't until she discovered the wonderful world of self-publishing and became inspired by some of her favorite Indie Authors that she decided to take the plunge herself.
S E Cooper likes her heroes hot and her heroines feisty. She writes Romantic Suspense that will steal your breath and your heart. Her pages may be full of intrigue and passion but at the core, they are always about family and how far we are prepared to go to protect the ones we love.



HOSTED BY:

No comments:

Post a Comment