Thursday, May 12, 2016

Review: Ocean

Ocean Ocean by Jo Raven
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I'm a huge Damage Control fan. Maybe an addict. I've read and reread the guys stories and I never tire of it. Micah's book (Damage Control #1) grabbed me in just a few chapters and quickly became a series I knew I would have to read all the way through.

Prior to Ocean I'd have said Shane's was my favorite story, but now Shane & Ocean are tied, I can't choose between them so don't make me!
All of the Damage boys are broken in some way, they have issues to deal with but luckily they seem to land in the right place to get their lives straight.
Ocean keeps his past hidden, most of the guys have no clue where he goes every weekend or why.
They know the basics but not everything.
His childhood, his mistakes, the lack of love in his home have all made him the insecure man that he is. Made him believe he is unworthy of love. That he can't be loved, who could love a screw up like him?
There's a girl. There's one woman he wants that he can't get out of his head. But what does he have to offer her?
Nothing.
She deserves everything and all he has to offer is a broken man who's life is not settled.
So he'll deny his attraction, try to keep his distance for her sake.

Kayla.
She grew up much differently than Ocean, she didn't have to beg, borrow or steal to eat. Her parents loved her though they tried to groom her to be someone she's not.
She walked away from becoming a perfect wife to be a fashion designer.
She's been attracted to Ocean for awhile without acting on it. Being blown off once is enough for her, she won't put herself out there only to be pushed away by him.

When their attraction becomes too overwhelming and they give in to each other things change.
Kay wants more with Ocean.
Ocean can't help the feelings Kay brings out in him but he's no good for her, he never will be.
An the fight is on, the fight to keep their distance, to avoid the one thing neither of them will admit but it turns out neither of them can live without.

Blue loves Kay.
Kay loves Blue.

As is to be expected, the road to happiness is a bumpy one. Two people have to be willing to fight for what they want. And sometimes all it takes is that one person believing in you, trusting you, being by your side no matter what.

4.5 stars


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment