Wednesday, November 9, 2016

Review: More Than a Memory

More Than a Memory More Than a Memory by Marie James
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Having read and been a huge fan of Marie James' Cerberus MC series but I wasn't sure what to expect with this book. It's nothing like any of her work I've read before and I may have underestimated it!
When you've become comfortable with an authors writing and they put out something completely different it can be hit of miss, More Than a Memory is definitely a hit!!

It's highly emotional, deals with the physical and emotional aspects of loss.
Olivia's pain jumped right off the page and into my heart. Once the truth of her relationship was revealed I was heartbroken.
You know somethings not right wither her and Duncan's relationship but just can't quite put your finger on it.
Thank goodness she had such a responsible and understanding roommate.

Bryson is a baseball player, he may be have females throwing themselves at him but he's not a huge jerk. Yeah he has his moments but this man is all heart.
He's patient, kind and willing to put forth the effort to pull Olivia out of the darkness that has become her world. To care for her, to show her that life does go on and that she can be a part of it without completely giving up the things she fears losing completely.
Sometimes the person you want to help is too far gone though.
Both Bryson and Olivia will have to be willing to fight or all his effort may have been a waste of time.

So this was not what I expected, I underestimated this book thinking it may be cookie cutter, it may feel like a dozen other books I've read. Ms. James did not disappoint! I was hooked early wanting to know exactly what it was the felt so off, then easily falling head over heels for Bryson's giving heart and unfailing strength he offered Olivia. His determination to help her made him so easy to adore.
And watching Olivia attempt to take back her life, to try and fail only to try again.
More Than a Memory is an amazing story, I'm so glad I read it!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment