Tuesday, September 20, 2016

Review: Ruin

Ruin Ruin by Clarissa Wild
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Ruin is different from anything I've read by the author before.
This is the story of two people who face their own set of challenges, they are both basically social outcasts but for differing reasons. They handle their struggles in different ways but it's something that brings them together.
Initially I was concerned Alex was going to be a psycho stalker but thankfully he was just mildly stalkerish - intrigued by May enough to learn all about her without really crossing any boundaries.

An accident threatens everything May has been working for and Alex is there by her side through it all. And as they become closer Alex realizes his secret may tear them apart.
When two "outcasts" find love they think they can take on the world, but one mistake, one simple omission of the truth could be the one thing that tears them apart.
How will May handle the truth of how Alex came to be by her side?

I enjoyed this story, honestly it did take a bit for me to get into as YA is typically not something I read but I am a loyal Clarissa Wild fan so not reading this book was never an option! It was a bit slow starting for me, which I assume is the age of the characters, but it quickly picked up and by the end had woven a sweet love story.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment