Saturday, June 3, 2017

Review: Untangle Me

Untangle Me Untangle Me by Chelle Bliss
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Untangle Me is so much different than any other Chelle Bliss book I've read.
Kayden & Sophia meet online. Both are divorced, he's a bit pushy and Sophia while generally a pretty level headed, strong woman basically falls at his feet.
Smart women truly do become dumb when faced with a perfect naked man!

I'm going to be honest, I was luke warm towards Kayden throughout this book, even in the end I had my doubts about him. I had to wonder where would they be 5 years from now.
I lived with my own Kayden years ago and this was like opening the door to something I choose to forget as much as possible. The similarities to what I went through were scary, thankfully the book wasn't quite as bad as my real life but it still brought up feelings I'd rather keep buried.

Sophia putting her foot down was the highlight for me, standing up and not simply enabling the behavior made her my hero. The end gave me hope for them but I still have that underlying feeling he'll slip again (that's simply based on my experience not the book.)

While the subject matter obviously affects my opinion of the book I still read it through, cursed both characters at times and in the end was mildly happy for them.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment